Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Counting your blessings

This time of year, amidst the chaos, it's always good to count your blessings.  I think of the things that mean most to me and it fills me with such gratitude for this life.  Here are some of the things I am thankful for:

1)  My Mr.  I am so lucky to be on this adventure with him.  There is no greater joy than being able to share the highs and lows of this whole thing.  He has been my shoulder to cry on and high fived me more than one should be required.  I am so proud of him.  He's my hero.

2)  My Family.  I have some wonderful people in my family.  I realize how lucky I am as a woman my age to still have my grandparents around.  There have been health problems popping up here and there with some people and you realize that the people who have been around since you were little won't always be there.  Cherish every moment, take too many pictures even if it annoys people and never forget to tell people what they mean to you.

3)  My readers.  You have no idea what it means that you give a squat about what I write!  *laughing*  I am grateful if I have touched just one person or made someone feel like "if she can do it, so can I!"  I know I'm nowhere near as entertaining as other bloggers but if you keep coming back, are a recent subscriber or stumbled upon me by some obscure link from a friend of a friend's blog...I say thank you for reading.  I hope you'll stick around and watch me rock dis shizz!

4)  Travel.  This world is so big and when I was at my biggest, so much of it was unattainable to dream I would ever see it.  Long plane rides overseas just weren't even in my thought process but rather put on the "someday" list knowing it wasn't really a list, just a broken promise I made to myself.  Now, we have a trip to Tahiti, Paris, Italy, Costa Rica and American Samoa simmering in our minds that are actually possible.  Goal trip is Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.  I can think of no better way to reward ourselves for our hard work that to not have to sit on either side of the puddle-jumper to even out the plane ride.

What are you thankful for?

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

3 comments:

  1. There are so many things I'm thankful for! #1 on my list is my family...they are just amazing and I'm thankful that it includes new members, old members, and everything in between. And that it includes family that has absolutely no relation, yet they ARE part of the family!

    #2 - I'm thankful for my health and that I'm capable of living the life I want even if it isn't perfect.

    #3 - I'm thankful for coffee. LOL

    And of course, I'm thankful for YOU!!! I look forward to your encouragement, your recipes and your brand of humor. They all ROCK!

    (Oh and if it holds and I didn't take too long - I'm thankful for being first!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should add Norway to your travel list. ;) Definitely worthwhile!

    I love your list, I think it's super important to reflect on what we have to be thankful for !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, it's the perfect time to reflect on what we're thankful for! (I'm not numbering them because I don't want one to be considered more important than another one.)

    For me, I'm thankful for my family. We aren't always close but we're there when the chips are down.

    As I get older, I'm more and more thankful for my health and even more conscience of what I need to do to maintain it for another 30 or so years.

    I'm thankful for the animals around me that me always greet me with joy and make me smile. Hats off to you, Bailey, you always greet me at the door and your presence makes a long day better. Bella and Ruby, no matter how much of an interruption a cold, wet nose is, it also makes me aware of the world beyond work. Thank you.

    Now, I have to admit my travel plans are small by comparison but these days I'm planning on ways to visit all of our National Parks and not just the Visitor's Centers!

    I'm thankful for my friends, both close to home and on-line. That, Mrs, most definitely includes you! I enjoy your sense of humor, your adventures with the Mr, and your take on life. My life would have less color without you in it.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Mrs & Mr!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)