Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies

I'm sure you're overwhelmed by pumpkin goodness right now.  Recipes, actual pumpkins everywhere, decorations, etc.  Well, here's some more:


I love pumpkin cookies.  When I see them in the grocery store with the bright orange icing on them, I get all nostalgic because when The Mr. and I were early in our relationship, a now defunct grocery chain made these really awesome ones that other grocery stores just don't seem to compare to.  I'm still searching for that ultimate pumpkin cookie recipe but these are some great ones that I found and put my own spin on and to say the family loved them is an understatement.  They're thinking of asking me to make them for Thanksgiving (which I think was basically them testing the waters to see if I was open to it.  Sure add a 4th thing I'm supposed to bring.  *Pfft*)  These babies are good on their own, dipped in glaze or used as adorable mini whoopie pies.  They stay fresh, moist and light for the length of their little lives.  (Okay, I'm going to confess something.  I made a buttload of these and after I brought them to the Mr's birthday celebration I put them in the fridge and totally forgot about them!  It had been a week since I made them, they were still in perfect condition but tasted of fridge because they were in a crappy thin ziptop bag.  I threw away pumpkin cookies! Who am I!?!  Those suckers wouldn't have lasted 3 days here in the olden days!)  So yeah, these are the things I was talking about yesterday that would be perfect to take a loverly dunk in your morning coffee, tea, milk, hot chocolate, water...okay maybe not water.

If you're looking to enjoy them as well, click here for the printable recipe.

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

7 comments:

  1. I've never eaten pumpkin in my life (!), maybe it's time to change that.. I guess it's just not in abundance here, since we don't do Halloween and it's barely grown here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they look so good, almost makes me want to bake! It's going to get cooler here; oh, I can just sense the scents of Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful! I LOVE pumpkin! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you brought us cookies! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome and have a really good nutritional content, too!! I am trying these for sure. (Did you have a recipe that was set to jazzy music one time? And your voice? What am I remembering???? hehehe...)

    Oh, I am a lazy commenter, so I'll say that I'd be dipping these in coffee. I like iced tea and very occasionally hot tea. I think I liked Lady Grey, with the lemon taste (blue box). Alcohol-free over here, too, so I guess I'm a teetotler in the one sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try these cookies! You have a gift for photography!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Until last year I'd never had a pumpkin cookie. I tried a recipe when I went on a gourd binge last year and they were horrible. The recipe I used turned out dry, so I'll give another try using your recipe since they got such a glowing review :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...