Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dark Chocolate Muffins

A week or so ago, I was craving a chocolate muffin something awful.  I don't even eat chocolate muffins so I don't know where it came from.  I found a recipe (which I am desperately searching for so I can credit it.  I'm usually so good about bookmarking it.  Will update when I find it)  I stocked up my pantry shelf in the basement so I could have anything on hand when the whim struck.  When I sent the Mr down to grab some chocolate chips he said we only had dark chocolate chips.  Darn.  A tragedy in the making.  A delicious, melty, tastes-like-grandma's-cookies-but-they're-muffins tragedy.


Yeah.  I used white whole wheat flour to give a little more nutrients in it, I used Hain No Sodium Baking Powder to reduce sodium but listed using that and regular in the nutritional info and you know, since dark chocolate has flavinoids and all, they're practically healthy right?  *wink*  The Mr's co-workers said it tasted like a cakey chocolate chip cookie and seemed to love them.  We agree!

If you want the printable recipe, click here.

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

1 comment:

  1. They look delightful! Can I just come live with you and have you cook for me?? I like to cook but lately, I'm just in a rut! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...