Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Soy Joy Banana Bar


I love samples. Can't help it. You give me something free and I'm all over it. I have more shampoo samples than I could use in months. But you send me free food samples and I'm in heaven because that means I don't necessarily have to waste my own money just to find out I don't like something.

I got a Banana Soy Joy bar sample. Totally forgot about it until it came in the other day. I decided to split it with my hubby while we waited for dinner the other night. I had no real expectation. We were both pleasantly surprised. It tasted like a good dense banana bread with raisins. I guess there is dried pineapple and dried coconut in it as well but those weren't prevalent flavors. We both thought that these would make the perfect bars for traveling as the shape lends itself to not being smooshed in your carry on bag...compact and sturdy.  It's gluten free for those that might matter to and has a low GI.  The nutritional info is 130 cals, Fat 6g, Sat Fat 3g, Sodium 50mg, Carbs 16g, Fiber 2g, Sugar12g and Protein 4g.

Would I buy these?  Yes, I would!  Now I'm a cheapo so I have no clue what they cost but we'll definitely seek them out before our next plane ride or who knows, maybe before!

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

6 comments:

  1. And I love that you review your samples so I know which ones to try and which ones not to waste my time and money on! Good to know about these and you're right, they would be good travel bars. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously, that looks so good! Can I please have some???

    Great calories too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy. I'll have to keep an eye out. I found a bulk store here that carries chia seeds. I have been eating those on everything. All thanks to the awesome reviews from yours truly. Thanks friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny - I saw this the other day and made a mental note to look for these. I just looked at the Safeway flyer for the week and guess what's on sale? 10 for $10. I wonder if the other flavors are as good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely get the banana especially if I saw those bad boys on sale. I would like to try the pineapple and/or the blueberry too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the review, when we travel, or even are out & about for an extended period running errands we like to take a snack/nutition bar with us, in the under 200 calorie range that has protein

    saves us turning to fast food if we are out longer and are hungry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...