Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Food Journal for 8/23/11

Someone asked if I was going to do one of these again so here ya go!

Click to enlarge

Breakfast- Bowl of Special K Blueberry with Skim Milk, Veggie Frittata.  (1 egg, 2 whites, onions, red peppers, zucchini, jalapeno, 1/2 tbsp parmesan cheese)  13 oz lemon water

Snack- Banana with 1 tbsp almond butter

Lunch- "Turkey" Patty sandwich (Quorn faux turkey patty, 1/2 tbsp BBQ sauce, onion on a Aunt Millie's Slimwich bun), raw veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, radish, celery) with 1/2 tbsp dip, golden delicious apple, fruit salad (watermelon, cantaloupe, clementine, grapes) and apple bar.  17 oz decaf iced tea

Dinner- Mexican pita pizza (recipe next week), organic unsalted tortilla chips (1 serv) and 1 serv pineapple salsa.  17 oz decaf iced tea

Nighttime Snack- Will be Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich

Water- 72 oz of pure water plus above for 119 ounces.

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Do you ever get points for presentation! That looks a lot more interesting than what I had for breakfast and lunch (dinner is still waiting for me). My homemade oatmeal with apple, pear, walnuts and a sprinkling of lt brown sugar was tasty but not as pretty as your bfast! The tuna salad and cantaloupe I had for lunch was just in a plain container. What dip are you using for the raw veggies? Anyway, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks wonderful. I haven't tried the nutella on a banana yet, but it always looks good in the picture. I am still doing yogurt as my mid morning snack...I keep thinking it helps me somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arlene, I just use my favorite french onion dip. Anything made with a mix has more sodium than I want to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are so pretty. My food never looks like this. It may be tasty, but a blindfold is often not a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs! This is my first time here & I love your site and your attitude! I feel like we are friends even though we've never met. I have about 150 pounds to lose and have just started blogging. I've been vegetarian for about 3 years, so the blog is about my weight loss journey and veg recipes. Please check it out and give me your feedback? It's really "fugly" right now, but I'm working on making it pretty... Yours is a great inspiration - thank you!
    www.hugsnquiches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)