Monday, May 9, 2011

Review: Ritz Hint of Salt Crackers



I was asked to make my cream cheese ball for Easter, I was trying to think of ways to cut the salt as much as possible from this salt lick fest and I passed these babies when I was in the store.  I don't know if they're new or not because I'm not a cracker person but I thought the cheeseball would have enough moisture and salt to balance the lack of it in the cracker. 

On it's own, the cracker tastes like regular Ritz except slightly less salts for about the first 2 chews then you notice that there is very little salt (30mg of sodium compared to 130mg) and they're pretty dry.  If you are going to use this as a foundation for a cheeseball or something with moisture in it, it'll be fine.  If you're looking for a sliced cheese foundation, this might not do so well because it would probably be leave you looking for a water chaser.  All in all, I'd get them again since the family didn't openly complain to my face about them. 

====================
Don't want to miss another post? Make sure you subscribe!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe these are in test markets because I haven't seen them here. Thanks for the heads up. The only thing I would have tried them for would be as coating to bake chicken breast. Don't think I'll try them now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see no cream cheese ball recipe in the Hall O'Goodness!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...