Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Decided...

I wanted to thank everyone for their input on "Naming the Baby" yesterday.  I decided to not do an official challenge where I will do blog weigh in's or anything like that because I already do that.  Declaring a challenge will not change a single way I do things.  I work my butt off everyday and am very careful about my food so I think the pressure of a public challenge would only mess with the good mental thing I have going.

How will you know if succeeded?  When you see a picture of me ziplining across the rainforest in Maui.  If not, well, I can't force my body to do more than I already ask of it.  We will be cutting back on the high cal day twice a month to see if that does anything to help us along (I'm sure it will) but we're not cutting them out entirely, it's just not how we could live the rest of our lives and 170+ pounds off says it's not a bad strategy for us.

I have also decided to intersperse a bit of "top o' the hour" bursts of movement.  At the top of the hour, I stand up and do 10 squats and 10 arm reaches to spike the heart rate a bit.  I want to make this a habit and will eventually move to every half hour.  If I start to forget, I will set the microwave timer so I have to get up to turn it off and reset it.  I hope this little extra bit of movement helps things along too.  Mind you, I'm not holding my breath but all I can do is do everything I've been doing because as you all know, I don't give excuses anymore where health is concerned.  So if you want to send extra successful vibes out, that would help to make for an extra awesome anniversary trip! 
====================
Don't want to miss another post? Make sure you subscribe!

10 comments:

  1. I love the "top o' the hour" idea! I may have to join you on that. Maybe set up in my calendar to remind me every hour. I am with ya all the way sending you support vibes for zip-lining!!!! I know you can do this, it's attainable. Keep on truckin home skillet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zip-lining in Maui would be so amazing!! I did it last summer in the redwoods in northern CA. It was such an amazing experience made even more amazing by the fact that I had actually gotten myself well enough under the 250 weight limit. I was concerned they were going to make me step on a scale though!

    Top o the hour bursts sound like a great idea. I'd give it a go if my coworkers on the other side of my half cube wall wouldn't think I was a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the hourly bursts are a great idea! It seems the harder I work out the day before, the lazier I get the next morning because I'm sore or just thinking I don't need to work that hard. Have fun and good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was late to the party and couldn't read yesterday's blog till today, but I think you know exactly what you are doing, what you want to do, and will give 110% effort to get there. Whether or not everything else works out is just not in the control box. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT decision! I love how you said, we can't make our bodies do anymore than we already ask of it. We do ask a lot of our bodies, we get mad at it more than we are happy with it that's for sure.

    I can't wait to see those pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the hourly bursts sound great! I'll work on some too, maybe not the same ones as you or change them up every hour or so. I've been using a timer to force me to take a break from my computer every hour or so, so this can easily be worked in and every little bit helps!

    I saw your question yesterday and it sounds like you're going to do what's best for you. (I always knew you would!) :) IMHO you consistently make really good decisions for you and the Mr, jointly I'm sure. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the top of the hour idea, I'm pretty sure my students would lobby to have me institutionalized if they caught me though. I may try it over summer break though.

    I think you made the right call on "naming the baby". Not that you need to be told that. You'll zipline yet, and I'm looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea, too. Now that I'm working again, I'm chained to my computer chair a lot more (180 legal size pages to be transcribed for a trial within the next 10 days). I'll be Top-of-the-houring it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no doubts at all that you will be zipping through the forest!

    I want ti to be as much of a thrill as you hope!

    I like your moving every hour bit. I try to do more of that at work too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You feel that surge of goodness??? Yeah...that's right - the first batch of good vibes got ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)