Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Much needed rest

Our usual routine consists of working out Sunday through Thursday.  We tried working out Sunday through Friday but felt completely exhausted and the weight loss didn't improve working out 6x week vs. 5.  My husband suggested we might want to give ourselves a rest day mid-week since we do some pretty intense workouts (kickboxing, HIIT, etc).  We were going to start that in March but with the addition of my morning workouts, my bod is asking for some time off so today is it.  We're going to take today off even though the itch for me to get downstairs is strong today.  My knees are a little achy and I think they'll appreciate the rest day.  So we'll move our 2 scheduled workouts to tomorrow and Friday.  I'm hoping this little schedule change up will throw off the body too.  I'm looking forward to tonight's dinner.  I've got my meal all planned out, I'm going to drown myself in water today even though the sodium will be fine, I'm not banking on the count being exact.  So overall, I'm kind of glad today is a rest day with a bit of a change (read: me not having to cook) but I can't help but feel that small tinge of guilt.  Weird!

====================
Don't want to miss another post? Make sure you subscribe!

4 comments:

  1. Such a great idea to have a rest day in the middle of the week. I need to start doing that too, my knees would thank me for it, I run over an hour 5 times a week.
    I know what you mean about feeling guilty. I feel guilty on my rest days too, though I know my body needs them. It's so weird.

    Enjoy your well deserved rest day, and hopefully your knees will feel better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hon! I followed you over here from Sparkpeople. (I'm known as Getting_To_Goal there). I look forward to following you through the rest of your weight loss journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that going to 7 days was a big change, so I think a day off 'in the middle' is fine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)